By Neville Spykerman | SHAH ALAM, Dec 16 09 | malaysianinsider
— The inquest into Teoh Beng Hock’s mysterious death, scheduled to resume tomorrow, has been postponed for a second time as pathologists have yet to complete their report on the second autopsy of the political aide’s remains.
The inquest by coroner Azmil Munthapa Abas was originally rescheduled to tomorrow from Dec 9, but lawyers now say it has been postponed indefinitely.
“None of the (post mortem) reports are ready and the inquest will not proceed,” Teoh family lawyer Gobind Singh Deo said today, adding he will inform the press of the new date tomorrow.
The 30-year-old Selangor political secretary who was found dead at Plaza Masalam on July 16 after overnight questioning by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), which was probing the abuse of state funds by politicians from the ruling Pakatan Rakyat state government.
The findings of the second autopsy carried out at the Sungai Buloh hospital on Nov 22 are highly anticipated as they may confirm suspicions that Teoh was murdered.
Two foreign experts — Dr Peter Vanezis for MACC and Dr Pornthip Rojanasunand for the Selangor government — observed the post-mortem carried out by Sungai Buloh Hospital chief pathologist Dr Shahidan Md Noor.
Dr Pornthip, a renowned Thai pathologist, had earlier said Teoh’s death was “80 per cent” homicide based on photographic evidence. However, her views are contrary to an earlier autopsy carried by local pathologists.
The coroner then ordered the exhumation of Teoh’s remains and the second autopsy.(picture)